Derek A. Franke
Chicago, IL 60614
DePaul University, Chicago IL Education Expected: June 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Concentration in Broadcast Journalism
Minoring in Film Studies
– Proficient with social media (i.e. Twitter, WordPress)
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Proficient with Final Cut Pro 7 and Final Cut Pro X Software
– Proficient with Photoshop Software
– Proficient with Adobe After Effects Software
WGN-TV January, 2013-Present
• Greeting guests for WGN-TV Midday Show
• Writing tip sheets and sending out booking sheets for guests
• Escorting guests to and from studios
• Updating WGN-TV web page
• Segment Producing for WGN-TV Midday Show
DePaulia, Student Newspaper, contributing writer. August, 2012-Present
• Writing for a credible newspaper with a large audience of local Chicago residence.
• Writing for the paper taught me how to write and publish professional articles on a strict deadline.
• Exposed to use critical thinking’s to create counter opposite argument for both sides of a topic.
Reference available upon request